The US provides several types of student visas. The type of visa along with its requirements is as stated:
1) F1 is for full-time students. General requirements include -Valid passport with a validity of at least six months beyond your period of stay. -A recent passport-size photograph. Confirmation page from DS -160. -Form I -20. -Payment of SEVIS application fees. -Application as a non-immigrant.
2) F3 visa is for Mexican and Canadian students who reside in their country and migrate here as part-time or full-time students.
3) M1 visa is for students who want to pursue vocational courses in the US. The required documents are: -Passport valid for at least six months -DS-160 confirmation -Visa appointment letter -Recent photographs -Fee receipts -Educational certificates -Proof of financial stability
4) M3 visa is for border commuters pursuing a vocational or non-academic course in the US.
5) J1 visa is for exchange students enrolled in relevant exchange programs.